Monday, September 8, 2014

Happiness is…

Dearest Family,

I sadly left my e-mail to the last part of e-mailing, and didn't realize what a short time I have, so I have eight minutes to tell you what a cracker-jack week I had. 

F-- got baptized. That was the #1 for sure! He is absolutely incredible, and leading up to his baptism he was so nervous, but it went wonderfully. He also received the gift of the Holy Ghost, which made him dizzy because he was so happy. He is absolutely brilliant. I got to play the interlude music at his baptism, which was a real pleasure. He also told us this week he wanted to come see us off at the airport, and that he's working on the 10th Commandment to not envy because he envies our families for getting us back. AH. I love him. 

J-- is still doing well and is maybe dating D--, but she maybe doesn't like him but maybe she does. Who knows? He is hilarious and is still excited to get baptized in about a week and a half. I can now understand him about 66% of the time. 

We taught S--, a new investigator from last week, who just wanted to argue about the "system" and wouldn't answer a simple question like, "Do you believe in the Bible?" without referring to it. It was one of the most frustrating lessons of my life. 

I also got to go on an exchange with Sister Steed (my MTC companion) this week, and it was amazing to see how much we'd changed. She talked about how I know the gospel much more and have increased in confidence. It is crazy how fast 18 months has gone, and how much we've both changed. Great times!!

Church yesterday was absolutely brilliant. We had fast and testimony meeting and not only was it normal, it was so nice. The bishop got up and talked about meeting some missionaries in Spain. He talked about how wonderful it was to see missionaries out and about everywhere he went. But then he said, "We have had some of the finest missionaries in the last year. But really, right now, we have four of the finest missionaries I've ever seen [he proceeds to look at me] .....even Sister Ricks." Hahaha and it was a good laugh and then a few other people went up and talked about how wonderful I was and how much they loved me. I have no idea why they said those things, and also I want them to love the work and not me, but obviously it was wonderful to hear nice things. Then we had some people ask when I was leaving and schedule dinner appointments sooner so I could come. That was so so nice and sad at the same time. 

I really love being a missionary! It is the greatest thing in the world!

Till the work is done! 

Sister Ricks






No comments:

Post a Comment